• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

Charlie,

Perhaps you can explain how your machine works?

3. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

Maybe because he realizes that the forums where people do not question and just blindly agree with impossible projects and wrong concepts do not help at all its inventors.

4. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Yeah, Charlie sent me a private message apologizing at the time.

Erich, apologies for not correcting what I wrote.

I am an optimist and I am not trying to scam anyone, all I want is the truth to be known.

Still not proved what you are saying or what I am saying by experiment.

I am a little closer now that I have a 1.9KVA 240v alternator and an appointment back at the engineering company to get a frame fabricated.

All I have to pay for is the mild steel box section.

A mechanical chain reaction is what I seek without the alternator.

5. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

I've had much worse. Life in Birmingham, UK as a kid was pretty mad. The internet has always had keyboard warriors. As you do, I'll put my money where my mouth is

I just wish I could be there to see their faces expression when it is proved we are onto something colossal.

6. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

It is impossible to prove what we are saying to be true. However, it's on the same level as proven that an object will always roll down hill (Assume Macromechanics) we haven't tested every possible situation but we are confident that all objects obey gravity. It's not a design issue it's a physics issue. If you have a closed loop you are using as much energy to lift an object as you getting when the object comes back down.

On the other hand you can't prove that something is made because someone is willing to make 100 prototypes or because they are willing to spend millions on one prototype. Millions of people are willing to pay double for an apple product but they still do it.

It is up to the person making the claim to provide the evidence, and we are still waiting. It's sad that Charlie came to say that his machine wasn't working and wouldn't stay to explain how he proposes that it works...

7. Perkster029

Perkster029 Member

If it even was "Charlie," and not Paul T. Is the forum able to track post by IP?

8. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

you cracked me up dude! I'm 34 and live in Plymouth, UK. Charlie is retired and lives in US! lol! Now I'm getting that desparate after 3 years of trying to convince a bunch of skilled brainwashed mechanical engineers? It's ok I got brainwashed too. Lucky some folks snapped out of the trance and tried to alert the others. It is a mind job. I find it hard to accept but that is what has happened.

9. Perkster029

Perkster029 Member

The only, only, only, only way to convince us engineers of ANYTHING is either:

a) explain how to derive any equation, any equation at all, that supports what you hope to be true

b) provide a working (even poorly working) prototype.

For all of those 3 years, I'm pretty sure everyone has been saying the above, and you respond with out-of-context propaganda about "how we are being brainwashed," unrelated inventions (like some Tesla stuff) that have no proof of existing anymore, a video of someone almost doing something somewhat similar to what you want to do, and promises that you're "almost there."

Sigh.

I'll paraphrase from Bill Nye. Give us any tangible and verifiable evidence, a or b from above, and we will instantly change our minds. Until then......

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    10. Perkster029

Perkster029 Member

Now, if instead of propaganda and tangents, you could focus this thread into proving, one way or the other, your claims.

You can save this thread for asking specific questions about gear ratios, bearing types, etc. You could ask about which geometric structures are stronger than others. You could ask us how an unbalanced system works. You could ask for advice about physically building the actual prototype.

Do that, and my (and most other's) off-color remarks will fade away. But for now, you pop in with a link, say "Look, this proves I'm right. I see the light, all of you are ignorant," and waltz off again. You occasionally do update and ask real questions, which is when you get real answers. Stick with that, leave the other stuff out.

11. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Ok, hopefully this thread is being steered in the right direction.

The only reason I keep posting the conspiracy stuff is because it is totally relevant, but yet totally unbelievable.

So I do understand why it doesn't gel well here.

In the background since my last post Charlie joined Facebook and although we have been in contact for a few years I never knew anything about his background.

I was interested to read Charlie was a senior mechanical design engineer working for Bose.

Anyway.... I'm going to get a steel frame made up soon and we can see what the device I am replicating does.

Of course it won't be perpetual motion, the bearings cannot last that long.

If I had a bigger budget I could prove the inventors findings right or wrong quickly. This is the only reason it has taken this long to get here.

I'm not wealthy and I haven't got much money.

I have considered crowd funding, but what hard evidence have I got yet to convince people to help.

None, so I have to do it the way I am, which is self funding.

Of course things like, car breaking or dentistry get in the way.

Such is life...