• Welcome to engineeringclicks.com
  • Holy Grail of Mechanical Design?

Discussion in 'The Leisure Lounge' started by Paul T, Oct 21, 2012.

1. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

The problem with conspiracy stuff is that anyone can put anything up. If you tried to prove or disprove every conspiracy or even a handful of conspiracies about PPMs you would live a long life void of any findings. You can never build every machine design idea to actually prove it wrong and it's not possible so neither end will win. That's where conspiracies come from, there is no way to prove or disprove it. It's the whole, "You say you're not a spy but that's exactly what a spy would say so you must be."

The other problem with some of the conspiracy theories that you post is that have no reason to make the claims from the proof. They will find one thing that is true and fly in a different direction, like there are unexplained Pyramids that have just been found, so there must be aliens that built them and used them as power plants to enslave human kind and fuel their ships... When you look at these you are to go back to their original proof and make your own conclusion, what if these pyramids were just well hidden because the race that built them didn't want to be found?

I've done the math enough times and seen enough cases of energy conservation that I know that it won't work. If you can pull the energy from somewhere then I would begin to believe that you are onto something. Don't say resonance frequency that is not something that creates energy or amplifies it. The problem is you aren't doing the math and only relying on instincts. Instincts lead to thoughts like since birds have feathers if I had feathers I could fly, of if you weigh less then a duck you are a witch. It just doesn't work.

3. miltonbr

miltonbr Well-Known Member

"We know that perpetual motion machines must be possible. God wouldn't have put us on earth and commanded us to use and exploit its resources if those resources would run out and destroy us prematurely, before God himself destroys us at the final Armageddon."

I found this phrase on this link:
      https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/kamis.htm
      I was not believing what I read until I realized that the text is a great irony. The author - Ken Amis - whoever he is, is brilliant in mockery and in the explanations.

Paul: worth reading, especially topics 5 (A New Paradigm) and 8 (Warning and Disclaimer).

4. JDavid

JDavid Well-Known Member

"Even the great physicist Maxwell had to enlist the aid of a demon to make sense of it all."

Great post Milton I some times required a slaying of the fattened calf to pass my exams. I've added a new rule to my rule book. Don't flip the reverse switch of a PPM.

5. miltonbr

lol

"Unwinding the curl of the magnetic field tends to linearize magnetic field lines, making the mathematics considerably simpler. Therefore engineers will find these machines much easier to understand and to exploit for useful purposes. There may no longer be a need for engineers to study calculus, thereby reducing the cost of their education. Lagrange equations need never again give grief to budding engineers."
      Fascinating! Warp space around a magnetic field. This is undoubtedly the way to building a PPM.

6. Crispin Miller

Crispin Miller New Member

Well, Paul, it's true that science can never be omniscient, BUT it's also true that every gravity wheel design I've looked at has contained an elementary error in the energy bookkeeping (generally associated with overlooking the cost of carrying each weight the little extra distance around the wheel that it has to go before it flips from lifted mode to falling mode). And that in suffering from this oversight, the inventor has shown himself not to realize how VERY thoroughly examined the fabric of mechanics and energy actually is -- that even if Newtonian mechanics doesn't have all the answers, the number of answers it does have constitute such a thoroughly coherent structure as to be a far tighter beartrap than can be escaped with something so simple as a wheel of one-way-clutched weights. For a brief overview of this thoroughness, you might find it interesting to read R. P. Feynman's "The Great Conservation Principles," which is chapter 3 of his rather compact book "The Character of Physical Law." (This chapter is condensed from a lecture which can be seen at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6n0HSJ5jEE .)

If you follow a weight very carefully around the wheel and tally the forces and torques it exerts and the angles of the wheel's travel during which it exerts them, I think you'll find that there's a fan on the sailboat.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2016
    7. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

Been really busy with family life. Still not moved forward with the replication yet.

I got emailed this today. You may find it interesting.

I guess it didn't really work then, otherwise we would be using the technology.

http://emediapress.com/2014/05/30/1200-gravity-power/

8. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

I switched off as soon as I saw BBC.

Do you know who these people are?

9. Crispin Miller

Crispin Miller New Member

shoot the messenger...

I see.

Do you know who FEYNMAN was? Do you think he gave a rat's ass what the BBC thought? (He was rather notorious for not caring what ANYBODY thought.) Do you think the BBC even had anything to do with the presentation of a series of lectures at Cornell University in Ithaca, New York more that fifty years ago? or that "who these people are" were around at that time? Perhaps the BBC sent a cameraman, but I suspect that the film was made by Cornell itself and the BBC became interested when the fame of the lectures grew afterward.

Yessir, switch off anything that threatens your little cocoon of delusion.

I offered the example of his lecture because I thought he of all people might help you see which way's up. But I don 't think you want to.

10. miltonbr

Paul:
      Your problems are over! There is already a gravity motor commercially available:

"This precision machine will be a real conversation piece sitting on your desk or lab bench, turning silently and forever. Crafted of gleaming stainless steel on a polished walnut base. Absolutely noiseless and vibration-free. While entropy increases all about you it is comforting to relax and watch this precision mechanism spin eternally. This is a perpetual-motion machine of the first kind, therefore it is in continual motion but produces no useful work. This might be a metaphor for much of what goes on in the modern workplace. Includes plastic dust-cover. Batteries not required.
      This new model is based on a design by Bob Schadewald, modernizing the classic overbalanced wheel. Frictionless steel rollers ride silently around the specially shaped cutouts in the wheel, ensuring that there's always more weight on one side of the wheel.
      $ 999,99"
      [​IMG]

https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/ideal/ideal.htm

11. Paul T

Paul T Well-Known Member

The BBC is a propaganda machine and always has been. The families that control it are the same ones that prevent devices like I am disclosing from becoming mainstream.

I realise it is up to me to prove who is deluded.

I haven't had time to watch the video or study Feynman.

Your opinion is based on your own life experience.

My opinion is based on my own life experience.

You have not walked in my shoes, so you do not see what I see.

I'm happy to be proved wrong. No one here has replicated the device successfully or unsuccessfully, so really neither of us know the true answer. It is only a belief. Ok your belief is far more widely accepted than mine.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014